New functions and digital services bring entertainment and more connectivity to the screen on your helm, thanks to the Raymarine LightHouse OS update. And it’s free.
We never stress enough how connectivity has become the main part of our lives even when on a boat. So, it’s not surprising that free updates are made available for the electronics we have on board. If you have an Axiom screen with Raymarine LightHouse software, here comes the 3.4 version of the operating system, which promises to turn your multi-function display into something mor esimilar to a smart phone, or a home-entertainment system.
Somebody said “Apps”?
Laden with upgrades and enhancements, LightHouse version 3.4 brings features for entertainment, communications and integration. The LightHouse Apps are a new way to expand the power and capabilities of LightHouse OS, also because Raymarine will continue to expand these Apps. For instance, with future support for Seakeeper gyro stabilizer control, Mazu satellite communications and more. The version 3.4 also adds Bluetooth audio output from Axiom and Axiom Pro screens. It’s enough to connect Axiom’s Bluetooth to your marine stereo or Bluetooth speakers and enjoy digital audio from your streamed movies and music.
Other features of the Raymarine LightHouse 3.4 OS include:
- Vessel Alarm History and Management. An easy access to alarm settings and history right from the home screen.
- Chartplotter “Find Nearest” Hot-Spotting. A simple long-press anywhere on the chart triggers the “Find Nearest” menu to instantly see a listing of common chart-related Point-Of-Interest, including wrecks, marinas, fueling stations and more.
- Chart Tide Mode for Tides and Currents. Enabling tide mode will instantly show all the nearby tidal height and tidal current stations.
- Fuel Management Tools. Fuel management interacts with NMEA2000 engine data and tank level senders, to visualize real-time fuel burn, range and economy, and receive low fuel alerts.
- Network Dimming for MFDs and Instruments. LightHouse 3.4 is now compatible with Raymarine’s network dimming system, also employed by i50, i60 and i70 instruments and autopilot controllers. This allows to dim or brighten the entire helm with a single command.
- Custom Splash Screens. Adds a personal touch to the Axiom screen by selecting a photo or graphic to display onscreen at startup.
Raymarine LightHouse 3.4 is available free at Raymarine.com, but it is also possible to download the update from the MFD using its built-in Wi-Fi networking.