The new Canados 428 Gladiator is currently under construction: she will be the smallest model from the shipyard in 30 years.
Measuring 13 meters and built in a dedicated business unit for design, production and sales strategies, she will be a proper Canados in terms of construction quality. The project comes by the hand of Marco Casali, who took into consideration precise guidelines in order to have the same Canados family feeling on a smaller size.
Canados 428 Gladiator: only the best materials
One of the yard’s input was the boat’s sturdiness, so the entire hull, superstructure and deck are built in infused vinylester E-Glass fiberglass with balsa and Airex. Another focus is on the complete equipment: the standard features will include GPS chartplotter, autopilot, fishfinder, bow thruster, joystick and integrated helm with “crystal cockpit”.
The production unit of Canados 428 Gladiator is lead by Gianluca Fanelli, back to Canados since last July in order to follow this specific project. His mission can be bullet-pointed in seven parameters:
- building the most luxurious daycruiser on the market;
- having a specific unit for Gladiator within the Canados premises in Rome;
- planning a production of 6 to 8 units for 2017 and over 20 for 2018;
- building boats with virtually no flaws, thanks to the best materials and components available: for this reason, the Canados 428 Gladiator project had no budget cap for tools, molds, engineering and production process;
- providing customers and dealers with a unique experience, delivering every boat within the deadline nad ready at anchor;
- using Canados know-how and in-house resources for technical development, joinery and interiors.
“We craft bespoke yachts for very specific and demanding clients”, says Michel Karsenti, Executive Chairman of Canados. “Therefore, it was difficult to integrate a project such as the 428 Gladiator in the typical Canados structure as both the industrial and commercial philosophies of this model are different from the rest of the Canados range. This forced us to organize a whole different business unit fully dedicated to the Gladiator.
The first unit of Canados 428 Gladiator will be used by the yard for a series of technical tests, and in 2017 she will be involved in a road (water…) show around the Mediterranean with previews for prospects and the press. The official debut is scheduled for 2017 Yachting Cannes Festival, then hull number 5 will make her American debut at the 2017 Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show, in a version powered by outboard engines.
Discover the new Canados Gladiator 90