During the last International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Flir Systems debuted seven new models: it’s the new Raymarine Dragonfly generation.
The new Raymarine Dragonfly range offers the advanced Chirp DownVision echo vision, a superior quality color display and the wireless connection with mobile devices. The lineup starts with Dragonfly 4 DV, a 4.3” sonar, the first Chirp in the world priced below 200 Euros.
Dragonfly 4 DV and the entire Raymarine Dragonfly range use the Chirp DownVision wide spectrum technology, which offers fishermen images as sharp as a photo. Differently from the traditional ones: not just a single frequency per impulse, but a wide spectrum of them at the same time for more detailed and high resolution images. The performance is superior even in water as deep as 180 mt (540 ft), while the reconstruction of the sea bottom is fast and faithful. The bright display is clearly visible wither under the sun or in showering rain.
Fishermen can choose between 4.3” Raymarine Dragonfly 4 DVS and 5” Raymarine Dragonfly 5 DVS. The DVS models feature the Chirp DownVision technology and a second, traditional Chirp echo channel, optimized for picking the best fish. Above the DVS range there’s Dragonfly 4 PRO and Dragonfly 5 PRO.
The PRO range combines Chirp DownVision technology and Chirp echo with a 10Hz GPS for keeping the route, beside a built-in wi-fi for streaming to mobile devices.
In addition, this range is completed with the new Wi-Fish sonar. Based on the Dragonfly platform, Wi-Fish is a wireless, black box echo made to work exclusively with smartphones and tablets, and allows connection to everybody’s on board. With the mobile app Raymarine Wi-Fish fishermen can visualize, pause and replay the streaming, making it easier to record the favourite gaming areas and share them with friends.
Here the range and the indicative prices:
- Dragonfly 4 DV 4.3” sonar with CHIRP DownVision € 199.00
- Dragonfly 4 DVS 4.3” sonar with CHIRP DownVision and traditional Chirp echo € 249.00
- Dragonfly 4 PRO 4.3” sonar/GPS with Chirp DownVision, traditional Chirp echo and wifi € 299.00
- Dragonfly 5 DVS 5” sonar with CHIRP DownVision and traditional Chirp echo € 369.00
- Dragonfly 5 M 5” GPS Chartplotter € 399.00
- Dragonfly 5 PRO 5” sonar/GPS with Chirp DownVision, traditional Chirp echo and wifi € 499.00
- Wi-Fish Wireless, black box echo for mobile devices with Chirp DownVision € 199.00 App Wi-Fish for iOS or Android free
The Raymarine Dragonfly models with GPS support maps by Navionics, C-MAP by Jeppesen and Raymarine LightHouse. They are also available with C-MAP Essentials or Navionics Gold maps, pre-installed on microSD card. The range is available from first quarter of 2015.